740. Start a romantic time-capsule burying service. A man or woman can immortalise the one they love by having a time-capsule buried to tell future generations about their loved one.
741. Organise weekend breaks where individuals can have their career assessed by professional career advisers. Advice should also be given on how to develop a career or how to make a change. Advertise in up-market or business publications.
742. Bring out a careers guide to self-employment. Sell this through as many bookshops as possible. Hopefully this guide will become an annual publication which will appeal to a new crop of people every year.
743. Make life-size string puppets. Each puppet is controlled by someone standing on a roof, balcony or scaffold. Use for promotion or entertainment.
744. Begin a mail order firm which sells personalised everyday objects such as pens, towels, handkerchiefs, notepads, combs, etc. Produce a catalogue and advertise in up-market publications. Offer customers hampers of personalised products.
745. Run a business which deals in the memorabilia of a region. You can buy your stock from various sources, for example, history books from publishers, photographs from photo libraries and films and videos from film making and film distribution companies.
746. Write and publish a newsletter which is specifically for budding and practising freelance writers. Give the newsletter a title like: 'Freelance Writer'. Give ideas and tips about how to sell work and have a section for articles, letters and classified ads.
747. Become a wholesaler of spoken word audio cassettes. You act as the middleman between publishers and retailers. This is a growth area and it might not be long before every bookshop has many shelves of audio cassettes. Will these cassettes be supplied by you?!
748. Set up a mail order business which sells plans, equipment and supplies for making mosaics. Produce a catalogue and advertise in crafts magazines.
749. Sell cheap labour saving devices door-to-door, for example: potato peelers, chip cutting machines, easy-to-use can openers, etc.