960. Start a collectable plate of the month club. Commission the making of attractive plates and slowly build up a list of club members.
961. Find a town which has a particularly high birth rate. Bottle the water drunk in that town. Sell this bottled water. The unstated implication is that the water will increase fertility.
962. Collect seaweed. Use this in a seaweed weather forecasting kit of your own design. Use mail order to
sell the kits. Also discover how seaweed can be developed into a health food and start a business exploiting this opportunity.
963. Set up a school of motor racing. Offer potential students a weekend or week-long course about the practical and theoretical aspects of motor racing.
964. Start a school of hydroponic gardening. The aims of your school might include: publishing booklets, producing audio cassettes, organising holiday courses, giving personal tuition and selling supplies.
965. Bottle sand from the beach where William the Conqueror landed in 1066 and sell to those who want to buy a piece of history.
966. Begin a mail order business which promotes the craft of making Jack-in-the-boxes. In your catalogue include a wide selection of: springs, boxes, design plans, materials for making the character in the box, etc. Advertise in crafts magazines.
967. Design and manufacture desks for putting on laps in cars. These should be lightweight and easy to store in a car. They might be used by sales people to make notes about calls, business people to prepare for meetings and passengers to work from whilst travelling.
968. Bring out a selection of hanging cotton greeting cards. These are like flags or banners which are printed with a greetings message and can be hung from a ceiling or a rail. Arrange for these to be stocked at shops which sell greeting cards.
969. Put together a range of lucky charms. Mount these on printed cards or counter-top racks and distribute to newsagents and gift shops.