820. Bring out a video which consists of a long recording of an open fire. By playing the video anyone can have the charm of an open fire in their home without the mess and the hassle.
821. Make peg abacuses. Each abacus is a wooden block which has rows of dots instead of beads. A row has one peg to indicate the value of that row. Package these and sell as either a children's educational aid or a novelty for adults.
822. Write and produce a correspondence course about how to start and build a successful craft business.
Subjects covered by the course might include: How to choose and design a winning product, how to sell craftwork, how to use other craft workers in your business, etc.
823. If you have a porch, hold a porch sale. Raise extra cash by displaying your unwanted items at your sale.
824. Set up a direct mail business which sells business books. This type of business offers the greatest potential for profit if you publish the books you sell. Do this by 1) Writing a book of your own; 2) Advertising for authors' manuscripts; and 3) Contacting literary agents.
825. Start a trade publication for small mail order businesses. Give the latest news and views relevant to small mail order businesses. Distribute by post.
826. Publish a newsletter for those who want to make money from manufacturing kits. Kit manufacturing provides a spectrum of opportunities. Deal with all aspects of starting a profitable kit making business.
827. Put together a correspondence course about how to become a professional investment adviser. Sell through ads in the financial press.
828. Learn the craft of woodcarving. When you become skilled earn money from carving popular first names in relief and turn these into brooches. Also turn out other carved jewellery such as pendants, bracelets and earrings.
829. Produce a selection of memory adoption cassettes. People often wish they had more pleasant childhood memories than they do. These cassettes would consist of recordings of pleasant memories. A listener can adopt these memories and pretend they are his or her own.